Discovery is seeing what everybody else has seen and thinking what nobody else has thought.
What are Science Extensions?
Science extensions can be as little or as much as you make of them. On- Level students are required to complete THREE by the end of the semester, Pre-AP students will be required to complete FIVE by the end of the semester. They can be critical thinking exercises, experiments, research, or outings with the family as long as they include some element of science! Some can be completed in the classroom, and some can be done at home. Anything a student does beyond the required amount will be counted as BONUS points!
resources & ideas
- Puzzles - can be done in class and found in the green hanging file folder in the classroom, also found at Puzzle Corner
- Current Event articles - read an article and complete the form, can be done in or outside of the classroom
- Powerpoint or Prezi presentation on ANY subject in science
- Poster on ANY subject in science
- Paper on ANY subject in science
- Comic depicting an experiment or explaining a topic in science
- Create a board game
- Interview someone in a science career- ask these questions about how they use science at their job
- Experiments - please get permission from your parents before attempting ANY experiment, bring me proof such as a video, pictures, or powerpoint explanation of your experiment
- Here are some good websites to find experiments: Steve Spangler Science, Science Kids, Scholastic, SciFun, Bill Nye
- Outings - if you go somewhere that has any type of element of science you can bring me a photo, ticket stub, or souvenir as evidence you attended a scientific event, below you will find updated events of science happenings around Tulsa
- Even more options will be presented to you as the semester goes on
Ideas From Class
- Watch Apollo 13 : Fill out this FORM